Since I’ve decided to start tuning down my collection a while ago I took some steps to accomplish that. It started with making a whisky shelf in a cupboard in our living room where I could put some bottles I want to finish. After that I hosted a ‘bottoms up‘ tasting and I sold and traded some bottles. Now, I’m trying to sell a few more.
I’m doing this not because it is shitty whisky, but simply because my taste has changed over the years and my interests in whisky has as well. Before I tried to buy more of every bottle I liked or tried to complete series, but I now see the folly of that.
I also bought some bottles through other people that are pretty collectible and rare, and when I had the chance to taste them somewhere (not from my own bottle, mind you) I found I didn’t like them. So here’s the list:
- Kilkerran ‘Springbank Open Day’ 2009, 48.5%, € 90
- Ardmore 12, Douglas of Drumlanrig, 46%, Bottled for Whisky Live Leiden 2008, € 50
- Four Roses Small Batch 2010, € 20
- Bladnoch 6 Bourbon Matured, Distillery Only, 20cl, 57.3%, € 25
- Caol Ila 1993, 14yo, Blackadder Raw Cask, 55.7%, € 75
- Springbank Marsala Wood, 9yo, 58%, € 60
- Longrow CV, 20cl, 46%, € 15
Talisker 12, Friends of the Classic Malt, 45.8%, € 60 Clynelish 12, Friends of the Classic Malt, 46%, € 40 Kilchoman 3, Spring 2010, 46%, € 60
If you’re interested, please let me know! I’m sure we can work something out!