Since this autumn I was mostly preoccupied with becoming a daddy, I didn’t visit too many festivals and events. Now spring is supposed to be in the air, I am trying to rectify that and there is quite a bit on the agenda.
This post will not be more than a list of things I am visiting and the rough time schedule for that.
- 29-09-2013: Spring tasting at De Whiskykoning. 6 Lowlands whiskies in a row. Auchentoshan Solera, Bladnoch OB 20yo, Littlemill OB 21yo, Bladnoch 1992-2002 by James MacArthur, Linlithgow 1982 The Ultimate and Secret Stills 5.1
- 02-04-2013: Morrisson Bowmore Twitter Tasting. A selection of cask strength samples from recent released from Bowmore, Auchentoshan and Glen Garioch.
- 07-04-2013: GlenDronach afternoon in Hilversum. A delegation of our club went to GlenDronach to select the new club bottling. For the people who couldn’t go Nils organised this afternoon. Big-ass BYO tasting.
- 19-04-2013: Christmas tasting at De Whiskykoning. He hosts his Christmas tasting at Christmas, and the leftovers are tasted again a few months after for those who couldn’t make it. With the weather being what it is, it doesn’t seem strange at all. Naked Grouse, Auchroisk 30yo, Dalwhinnie 25yo, Springbank 21 from 2012, Lagavulin 21yo and Kilchoman 2007!
- 27-04-2013: Limburg Whisky Fair! Very much looking forward to this Mekka of whisky festivals.
- Then our holiday to Scotland! I really can’t wait for this to start. Every minute in waiting is one too long… We’re staying near Loch Ness and on Skye so a visit to Talisker and Fiddler’s is already planned!
- 03-08-2013: Blog Birthday Bash. This wee blog turns three then and I want to celebrate again with barbecue and booze. Might have to make it slightly bigger this year, but I don’t know how yet.
- 06 to 08-09-2013: Maltstock. Be there!