Today, this wee blog is up and running for 2 years. Of course, this has to be celebrated and that will happen tomorrow with just short of a dozen people, pulled pork and booze.
Time for some statistics:
- Total hits: 52,986
- Average per day: 72 visitors
- Current average of 2012: 90 visitors
- Number of posts: 546
- I’ve lost count of all reviews, but I’ve tasted at least some 500 whiskies since I started and the counter is way over a 1000 in total.
- Most popular search query: Gold Label, Sjoerd Whisky, Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix
- Most popular post: IPA is dead. Long live IPA! (yes, a beer post).
I’ve recently decided to not blog every day. It’s not that I don’t want to, but I just can’t find the time between major home improvements, work and all other things going on at the moment. I might be able to pick it up at some point, but for now there will be a few posts per week.
A funny thing is that it doesn’t seem to matter for the popularity of the blog. That, of course, might have to do with the time I spend on each post. I’ve written some more articles that weren’t tasting notes and I like the way that turns out. I feel that’s the way to go for me. Tasting notes, information and opinion.
Apart from that, I have no idea what’s going to happen in the future apart from the fact that whisky is and will be my favorite tipple, with beer as a close second. After that absinthe, rum, jenever, calvados, gin and the likes. Apart from absinthe there’re not many grape based drinks in there. I plan to average on some 175 posts per year, which is still more or less one every two days.
#1 dram I’ve tasted since blogging: BenRiach 1975 for Asta Morris. And for some reason I’ve misplaced my tasting notes so no review of that yet.