So, I tallied the samples I’ve got lying and I got to 110 samples of whisky. That’s specific because there’s eight more samples of new make and thirty samples of assorted booze.
I already finished three of them over the weekend. Reviews will follow shortly, of two good ones and one ‘meh’ sample of Bowmore. Quite a good score.
The fun thing about counting all these samples is that they passed through my hands again and I found some goodies. There’s a 1978 Glen Albyn, and a 1973 GlenDronach and some others I have yet again forgotten about.
But, I didn’t want to empty just samples. Some bottles have been around for a bit, some are leftovers from bottle-shares, and some have been open for the last year or so. The point is that I want to empty them so I can start trying some new ones I’ve got lined up.
On Mark Zuckerberg’s private spy network I already started offloading a few of them, but there’s quite a few more that I’m ready to part with. Below there’s the list. Get in touch if you fancy some of them.
Samples are 10cl, prices are per said 10cl.
- Glenallachie 1995, 22yo, Whiskybase, 51.8%, € 22 (x3)
- Glen Moray 2002, 15yo, OB for their 120th anniversary, 52.4%, € 22.50 (x3)
- Inchgower 1982-2011, 29yo, Duncan Taylor, 54.6%, € 25 (x4)
- Glenrothes 1997-2017, 19yo, Whiskybase, 58.8%, € 18 (x2)
- Glenrothes 1997-2017, 19yo, The Single Cask, 58.5%, € 24 (x1)
- Speyburn 1989-2013, Gordon & MacPhail Connoisseur’s Choice, 46%, € 17.50 (x2)
- Willett XCF, American Rye finished in Curacao Casks, 51.7%, € 20 (x3)
- Speyburn 2004-2018, OB for Boomsma, Sherry cask, 52.5%, € 17.50 (x2)
- I.W. Harper, Kentucky Straight Bourbon, bottled in the early 80s, 40%, € 15 (x4)
- Heaven Hill, 2001-2015, Sherry Cask, Malts of Scotland, 48.9%, € 17.50 (x3)
I might update the list in a little while, but I first want to start with these.
But honestly, I also kind of want some cash to flow back towards me after spending after a few ridiculously expensive months. That’s why there are some really good whiskies in that list and I’m not just getting rid of shit I don’t like…