- Whiskybase's 180,000 bottles on the wall release: A 24 year old Glentauchers! Lovely stuff with heaps of fruit!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- Four stellar Armagnacs were tried and tested, and very much approved of! 1934 to 1973, bottled by @Jack_Tar_Hold b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- A cracking and very well-balanced Bowmore by Cadenhead! maltfascination.com/2023/03/23/bow… #bowmore #islay #singlemalt… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Another Guest Post by Tom! This time he visits the Glasgow Distillery Co! maltfascination.com/2023/03/21/gla… #glasgow… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Two solid new-ish rums from The Duchess! One is a 27 year old Uitvlugt, the other a 19 year old Savannah (at 67.2%… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Maverick Drinks
FEW Bourbon, 48.4%, batch 1 – That Boutique-y Whisky Company
As far as I know this is the first independent release from FEW Spirits. There have been private bottlings, like that Cask Strength bourbon for Master of Malt, but this time they pushed a bit further. Not only is it … Continue reading
Posted in FEW, FEW Spirits Tagged Bourbon, Evanston, FEW, FEW Spirits, Illinois, Independent Bottling, Master of Malt, Maverick Drinks, Paul Hletko, That Boutique-y Whisky Company, USA, wheated bourbon 1 Comment
Bottle-share: FEW Spirits Distillery from Evanston, Illinois
An extra post in the whisky onslaught of the Blind Tasting Competition to get some booze sent out before the new year! In good tradition I’m doing another Bottle-share of American stuff. I wanted to say whiskey, but in this … Continue reading
Posted in - American Whiskey, - News and Announcements, FEW Tagged Bottle Share, Bourbon, Evanston, FEW, Gin, Illinois, Master of Malt, Maverick Drinks, Rye, Single Malt, That Boutique-y Whisky Company 1 Comment
Master of Malt’s Dramcrackers
Last week I received a package from Master of Malt with their dramcrackers inside. Pretty cool, right? I’m not sure what to do with it though. Generally, when shops or bottlers send me booze they want a review of it … Continue reading
Posted in - American Whiskey, - Other Distilleries, - Other Spirits, - Rum, Arran, Smooth Ambler Tagged Arran, Bathtub Gin, Bourbon, Brandy, Free Sample, Master of Malt, Maverick Drinks, Old Scout, Professor Cornelius Ampleforth, Rum, Rumbullion, Sloe Gin, Smooth Ambler, That Boutique-y Whisky Company, Whiskey, Whisky Leave a comment
Clynelish 16yo, Oloroso finish, 54.9% – Darkness!
The last in a series of five Darkness! reviews. There was no particular order, so don’t assume anything from that. In this case, the fifth one is a 16 year old Clynelish. At cask strength. So far, that’s a recipe … Continue reading
Posted in Clynelish Tagged Brora, Clynelish, Darkness!, Free Sample, Highlands, Master of Malt, Maverick Drinks, Oloroso Cask Leave a comment
Macallan 15yo, Pedro Ximénez finish, 52.3% – Darkness!
Another one of those Darkness! reviews. And, let’s be forward here: my favourite of the bunch. Macallan got a lot of flack over the last couple of years, more or less since the Fine Oak series came out and their … Continue reading
Posted in Macallan Tagged Darkness!, Free Sample, Macallan, Master of Malt, Maverick Drinks, Speyside 2 Comments
Benrinnes 15yo, Pedro Ximénez Finish, 53.3% – Darkness!
The second Benrinnes from Master of Malt‘s Darkness! series comes from a Pedro Ximénez cask, instead of the previous Oloroso cask. Both are 50 liters, so a lot of wood/booze contact. Since they are only 50 liters, I thought it … Continue reading
Posted in Benrinnes Tagged Benrinnes, Darkness!, Free Sample, Master of Malt, Maverick Drinks, Speyside Leave a comment